UNTU Palms is fondly referred to as the Jewel of the South Coast, situated approximately 120 km from Durban in Sunwich Port and 10 km North of Port Shepstone.
Visitors can choose between renting the six (6) sleeper cabanas, eight (8) sleeper chalets or four (4) sleeper tents to sleep in or you can bring your own caravan / tent and camping gear to one (1) of the fifty four (54) stands in the Caravan Park and enjoy the South Coast with its all-year-round brilliant sunshine, blue Indian ocean, sub-tropical forests and stunning birdlife. The Resort has a freshwater swimming pool with a thatch roof Lapa, a games room containing pool tables, table tennis, soccer table and a dart board. There are ample playgrounds for children to play on, a volleyball court and a putt-putt course.
UNTU Palms is well-known for its tidal pool at the beach, which is ideal for families with small children. It is also very popular for surfing, diving and rock fishing. On the premises is Aunty Betty’s Café and the popular Orca’s Pub and Restaurant which has a 180-degree sunset view of the Indian Ocean.
It is always our policy to maintain the safety of our visitors – there are walls around the Park with electronic gates and security guards patrolling the Park at night seven days a week. We strive to make all our visitors feel at home and to experience a well-rested holiday.
UNTU Palms Rules and Regulations
To help us keep up the high standard at the resort, please obey the following rules:
1. INVENTORY: Check the inventory on arrival and report any discrepancies.
2. BOOKINGS: A booking of two (2) days is required over weekends. Children over 5 years pay full rate.
3. ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE: Arrival after 14H00 and Departure is strictly at 09H00. Please Note: (Fines of R100.00 per half hour will be levied, for any guest leaving the chalet/cabanas after 09H00)
4. SPEED LIMIT: The speed limit on the Resort is 10 km/h. Please adhere to this limit for your safety and that of other guests, staff and wildlife.
5. ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT ON CAMPING SITES: Electric urns, two plate stoves, washing machines and tumble dryers are NOT PERMITED.
6. OCCUPANCY: The Resort reserves the right to refuse admittance if the number of persons exceeding the occupancy, this includes children of all ages. i.e. Maximum of six (6) people in a two (2)-bedroom Cabana and eight (8) people in a two (2)-bedroom Chalet and eight (8) people on a Camping Site.
7. PETS: Strictly NO PETS ALLOWED (BIRDS INCLUDED) on the Resort or in the chalets/cabanas.
8. SECURITY: For your security and safety, kindly ensure that doors/ windows are kept locked at night and during the day when you leave your chalet/cabana and camp site, and fruit is kept out of sight. Monkeys have been known to try get into the units to get to the fruit/food display.
9. PARKING: Parking is only allowed on designated areas. Parking and/or driving on the grass is prohibited. Two (2) vehicles are allowed by each unit and only one (1) per Camp Site. All extra vehicles must be reported at the office and is subject to a fee per night.
10. FEEDING OF WILD ANIMALS: Guests may not feed or harass any animal/bird on the property.
11. CATS: Please note these are stray cats and they are not allowed near OR inside of the Camping sites, Cabanas or Chalets. A R150 extra cleaning fee will be charged if the cats are found inside the Cabanas or Chalets.
12. PLANTS/WILDLIFE/PROPERTY: Guests are not allowed to remove and/or disturb any trees, wood, plants, birds, animals or any other property.
13. BRAAI GRIDS: Although we do take measurements to ensure our braai areas are up to date, the loss and/or replacement of our stainless-steel grids are problematic. We do advise to bring your own but, in the event, you forget/do not wish to pack in extras, Braai grids are for hire at the office @ R200.00 per UNIT/SITE.
14. SWIMMING POOL: Please note there is no lifeguard on duty at the Swimming Pool. Children under 16 years should always be supervised. No glasses and/or glass bottles are allowed in or around the Swimming Pool and or Central Complex. Only suitable swimwear may be used in the swimming pools, no swimming in clothes, underwear or naked. No swimming is permitted after 22h00.
15. GAMES ROOM: The games room is available to everyone to use. All equipment is available at the office for hire during office hours.
16. DAY VISITORS: All day visitors need to report to the office, there is a fee for day visitors, and they need to vacate the property at 16h00.
17. FIRES: Braai’s and/or Barbeques are allowed in designated areas only.
18. ELECTRICITY: (Eskom) – UNTU Palms is reliant on ESKOM and any power cut or load shedding that may take place on the Resort is beyond our control. UNTU Palms cannot be held responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of such a power cut.
19. SMOKING: Chalets, Cabanas and all other enclosed public areas are smoke free, this includes all forms of smoking and for safety reasons and to ensure that UNTU Palms is not exposed to items or actions that create an odor which is unhealthy and objectionable to other guests and staff, and which is difficult to remove from the air, carpet, walls, and furniture, we do not permit smoking tobacco, illegal drugs, e-cigarettes, vape pens, vaping cartridges containing nicotine, hookahs, incense, cigars, the use of diffusing oils or strong smelling plant based essential oils in our Resort. This policy is not intended to stop people from smoking, but to regulate where they smoke and how it affects others.
20. LOST & FOUND: UNTU Palms is not responsible for any item left behind by a guest. However, any item, with the exception of perishable goods (Food Stuff), left behind by the guest and found after departure by the Housekeeping staff will be collected, logged in, and kept in a secure location for collection by the owner for up to 6 months. Perishable items, underwear and miscellaneous toiletries will be discarded.
21. NOISE LEVELS: Silence is to be observed from 21h00 (9PM) A NO party Policy is in place at the Resort to protect the property and all guests. No parties, loud music, hooting, loud music from vehicles and/or any disturbances will be tolerated in the Chalets, Cabanas, Caravan Sites, Parking areas, Central Complex and or gardens. In the event of any such disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given. If this request is not followed the guest(s) will be asked to leave the Resort without any refund. Registered guest(s) are responsible for all persons with them.
22. FURNITURE/EQUIPMENT/LINEN: Do not remove any item from the units.
OTHER: The guest may not hand over the use of a Chalet/Cabana or Caravan Site to a third-party without the permission of Management.
23. BICYCLES & MOTORISED SCOOTERS: Bicycles are permitted throughout the resort between sunup and sundown. Battery operated scooters is allowed. No petrol-powered scooters can be driven in the park.
24. AIR-CONDITIONING: Please make sure the air-conditioning is switched off when you are not in the
25. CLEANING/SERVICE: The cabanas/chalets/camp sites are serviced once daily. The service is limited to sweeping and washing of floors and cleaning of bathrooms. There is no service on public holidays or Sundays. If you require any extras this must be arranged with the cleaner at your own cost.
26. BINS/BLACK BAGS: Bins outside the units are emptied on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
27. LAUNDRY MACHINES: There is self-service laundry facilities available on both sides of the resort. It is R20 a wash and R20 a dry, the machines only work with new R5 coins. R5 are available for exchange at reception during office hours.
28. WASHING OF CARS & CARAVANS: Washing of cars and or caravans with a hosepipe is prohibited. Washing of cars is allowed with a bucket.
29. HOSEPIPES: NO hosepipes can be connected to any tap without prior arrangements with management.
MANAGEMENT: Reserves the right to itself and the right to add to or alter and amend any terms, conditions and or rules. UNTU Palms makes its best effort to ensure that all information that appears on the UNTU Palms website and in print is accurate. However, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given that the information provided is error free. UNTU Palms does not accept liability for any errors and or omissions and reserves the right to change information published at any time and without notice.
Right of Admission to the Resort is reserved. Any guest or visitor entering this Resort does so at his / her own risk, and on entry accepts the above-mentioned terms, rules & regulations and failure to abide by the Resorts Rules may give rise to a non-refundable eviction at the Managements sole discretion. It is agreed that any guest entering the Resort will conduct himself/herself in a respectable manner and will not cause any nuisance, damage or annoyance during their stay on the property. The Management has the right to request any guest to vacate their Chalet/Cabana/Camp Site or any other areas of the Resort forthwith, without previous notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, and the guest shall be bound to vacate when requested to do so.
About the Area
Locate Our Resort
King Shaka International Airport
King Shaka Dr, La Mercy, 4407
Get on N2 from M65
9 min (5.2 km)
Turn right at the 1st cross street at Car Rental Returns
Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Mdloti St/M65
Continue to follow M65
Keep right at the fork and merge onto N2
Follow N2 to R102 in Mnamfu. Take exit 72 from N2
1 h 11 min (122 km)
Merge onto N2
Take exit 72 for R102 toward Hibberdene
Keep right at the fork to continue toward R102
Follow R102 to your destination in Sunwich Port, Port Shepstone
12 min (14.6 km)
Turn left onto R102
Destination will be on the right
Voetplaatpark (Pty) Ltd t/a UNTU Palms
Main South Coast Rd, Sunwich Port, Port Shepstone, 4230